Greekfest at St. George was great! I have gone every year since living in Knoxville and even back in my Memphis days. It's a kinda funny story actually... Well, George Michael is Greek. Now if you are asking who is George Michael then you don't know me very well. George Michael is a brillant singer/songwriter, albeit a bit troubled, but nonetheless my favorite singer since Halloween night 1984 (that's another story entirely).
So, in order to learn more about George I went to a Greekfest in Memphis back in the early 1990's. I knew George's dad owned a Greek restaurant in London and I wanted to learn about (and eat) Greek food. Fast forward to a couple years later and a lady at Church asked me to come over for dinner. She said innocently, "I'll make Greek food, I'm Greek". Well, Alex and I have been friends for 15 years now and I owe it all to her souvlaki and baklava. So, pick a country you have always wanted to go to, see if any festivals are going on, learn about the culture, food, music, people and you just might convince yourself you're there. At least that's what I do every Fall, but one day I'll get there... ahhh GREECE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment