I don't have Facebook, I don't have MySpace, and obviously I rarely, so very rarely, update this blog.
This year I did not send out Christmas cards, I did make up a poemabout my life and I left my tree in the attic even though I heard it crying out. Priorities do that to you, ya know. At least that's what has happened to me.
I have priorites. For the first time in my life I have decided to literally not sweat the small stuff. I have dust bunnies under my couch and a car with dirty tires (this is not the way I used to be!)
I have sacrificed very little in my opinion for something much better.
I will be a senior when I return to college after my break in January. I have completed 6 fast paced, brain wrenching and incredibly exciting quarters and have only 4 to go. I am in a self-absorbed little insulated world and I am not ashamed.
Next year, I say to myself, when I am a teacher I will get back to doing the things that used to matter to me. But, deep down I wonder if I really will. Maybe instead I let my dust bunnies multiply. Would that be so bad?
So, here's to 2010. It will be wonderful and scary and exhausting. It will be full of moments to cherish and moments I wish I wouldn't have to miss because of my priorities.
It will not be a year of regrets. Priorties kinda do that to ya, they take away any negativity you may feel. Priorites help you realize that there is a point to it all, a purpose to embrace and an ending . On that day you can look at yourself and say... you did it girl!
So, here's to all your priorites, may they shine and lead your way in 2010.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
So glad to hear you are alive! Hooray to priorities. I'm so proud of you for your accomplishments thus far. Happy Holidays!
Michelle, I loved reading this post because I could totally hear your voice saying it. How are you doing? How is everything going? I live in Las Vegas...can you believe that? I can't, but things are going great. I hope all is well.
Love,
Jenny
Post a Comment